Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What an amazing year.  Oh my gosh.  I started out with a goal of 170 pounds or better yet a size 12.  Well, I have past both of those goals and now I am a bit worried.  I'm not sure where to go from here. 

I still can't get protein in the quantity that I should but I do try.  My sleeve has been great.  I can pretty much eat anything I need to or want to. 

On July 12 I ended up having emergency surgery for a blocked small bowel.  Talk about painful!!!!!  I have been reassured that it had nothing to do with my sleeve but I find it strange that I got adhesions from a 30+ year old incision?  I'm a nurse and I'm not real sure about all that but for now I am thankful that I am recouperating and I didn't have to have a colonostomy performed. 

So I am down below my wildest dreams ever but when I look in the mirror I don't see it.  Of course I see the hanging skin and the wrinkles and the fact that I look like I have aged 20 years but I still see fat.  People tell me I look amazing and tiny!  What?  Tiny?  Me?  What a joke.  Tiny to me does not include my name in any way.  So I will rephrase it tinier than what I was. How is that?  I am happy with my weight loss and after this emergency surgery I think I will be happy with all my extra skin too because honestly this surgery hurt.....do I want to do that to myself?  I don't know.  Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment