Sunday, February 26, 2012

bout time

I haven't posted in like forever and there is no reason really.  I have been so very busy with work and our foster kids as well as our bio kids.  Currently we have four foster kids in our home, 17, 12, 3, and 6 months.  With their Dr. appts. and Dentist appts, and pulmonologists and on and on and on it has been quite crazy. 

To date I really don't know where I stand in the health department.  I went to the surgeon for my three month follow up and they said words like, you have done better than anticipated....you have lost 50% of your excess body weight instead of the 35% we predicted.  Keep up the good work. 

Okay, that is all nice to hear but......my diet still consists of under 400 calories a day, less than 20 grams of protein and under 20 ounces of fluid!  So do I have a grip on lifelong nutrition?  OH HELL NO.  It is getting better in the respect that I can eat different stuff now but I still can't take any of the vitamins and stuff cuz they fill me up so bad that I can't eat then.  I can't stomach the chewables either like pre surgery. 

Fluids are better however I can't stand the thought of a protein drink of any kind. Before surgery I couldn't wait for the shake but now....yuck.  I have been assured that it will get better and it will.  So I just plow along.  I find that I am craving stuff now that I never craved before surgery....like pastry.  I am not a big sweet eater so this surprises me. 

I weighed myself this morning and I weigh 179.6 which is down 66.4 from my heaviest, 59.4 from my first appt. with the surgeon and 50 pounds since day of surgery.  My clothes are bigger of course but when I look into the mirror I still see 246 pounds.  I am complaining today....it will get better.  I know this.  I read what all of you have done and how happy you are and I know my turn is coming.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment