Monday, July 25, 2011

I'm off to see the Wizard?

I am scheduled to have my sleep study tonight.  This is where they will find out the truth about the snoring my husband insists that I do.  I of course tell him he is nuts when in fact he is telling the truth.  I, at times, wake myself.  I have to have this test as a pre-cursor to having bariatric surgery.  A lot of people really do not know what this is.  Basically, the way I look at it, the surgery will be giving me back a life that I truly have never had due to my up and down battle with my weight. 

Anyway, I have researched the different types of bariatric surgeries and I have decided that the gastric sleeve is going to benefit me more than the others.  Honestly I did not ever think that I would even entertain the thought of having surgery because "isn't that the easy way out"?  Trust me, I have seen enough people have this surgery that I know it definitely is not the easy way out.  To me, it is the last way out except maybe an early death.  I would say that 96% of all the people I have known to have the surgery has gained ALL of their weight back except for 4.  I hope I have learned from their mistakes.  I hope that no one gets to say that about me in a couple of years.

Anyway, the sleep study.  I'm not worried about it.  Hell, it's a night away without interruptions so I can read a book, or watch a program without having to stop it four hundred times or have a conversation on the phone.  Or oddly enough I could even go to sleep.  Isn't that a novel idea? 

To my knowledge after tonight I will have the psyche evaluation, EGD, lab work, and meetings with the nutritionist.  I actually can't wait to meet with her as I have been told by the office staff that she really works with you concerning your day to day life and what foods you can fit into it that work for you and the lifestyle.  I have already started drinking a protein shake on the days I go to work.  I don't know why I haven't had a shake on my days off.  It really is good tastin.  Okay, until next time..Nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment