Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Conviction

Well, tonight while at work I was talking to a co-worker about having the VSG surgery.  The more I talked the more conviction and commitment I felt.  I honestly in a million years would never have said that I would be having surgery and here I am.  I am getting to the point now that I can't wait to have the surgery and start moving on in my new life. One with more health, less physical pain, and less emotional pain.  I can't really fathom not having to worry about my weight on a daily, hour to hour basis.  I would assume it will take me quite some time to get there.

My co-worker and friend, DB, and I were talking and comparing stories on finding something to wear.  She talked about what to wear to church, I talked about what to wear to my sons baseball game.  To think that I may not have to worry so much about clothes, again is so unreal to me.  First of all I HATE HATE HATE shopping for clothes for myself.  Now, is that because I'm hoggishly fat and they don't make that style or is it that I truly hate to shop?  I guess time will tell.

I was reading someone's blog and it said to go pick out a "skinny" outfit as a goal to work toward.  So I gave this some thought.  The most "skinny" that I can imagine at this point would be a smaller night shirt, so that would be a XXL instead of a XXXL or one of my husbands shirts, a 4XLT.  So yea, I'm thinkin I need some work in the goal setting area and the futuristic thinking.  Hell, any size of underwear under the size of 10-11 would be reason enough to start planning a celebratory party.

Well, I need to get off here and do what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment