Thursday, August 11, 2011

Convinced!!

Well, I took the kids to K-mart today to get a few things and I noticed they had some pretty good sales going on.  Since we are going to Disney soon I thought I might see if they had any shirts that I could wear.  Clothes that fit and I felt comfortable.  So, they did indeed have clothes for me that I liked.  So I bought some and brought them to my sisters, as we were spending the night with her.  I tried them on, in her kitchen, and they fit.  All of them a 3XL!!!  I just cried.  One shirt was a 4X and it freakin fit!  I told my sister, "this is one reason I am having this surgery"!  How defeated I feel.  Oh yea, I bought underwear too...size 11 and I think they may fit too.

If any of you read this that has already had the sleeve surgery could you tell me if this surgery is the right tool for me to use?  I don't want to lose just 50 pounds.  I need to lose a lot more than that for my sanity and my health.  Someone suggested I have the by-pass instead.  I just do not like the idea of having anything re-routed and I do not like the idea of not being able to have an EGD later in life if I need it.  If anyone has the time please give me your honest advise.  Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Judy! Me again! I decided on the sleeve instead of the bypass for many different reasons. Here are a few: 1.) with the sleeve, you do not have absorption problems like with the bypass, 2.) you also, one day, will be able to eat whatever pleases you (of course, watching carefully..your choices) and taking most pills with out a problem, 3.) you're not re-routing intestines, 4.) your stomach and digestion system still work the same, you just have less room to put food in, 5.) you will lose most or all of your excess weight and your stomach will stretch a little as time goes by but will never stretch back to what it was in the beginning before surgery...with bypass, there's a lot of evidence of stretching and regaining of weight years out, and 6.) because they remove the gland that produces the hunger pangs, you pretty much have to remind yourself to eat (now, your intestines still produce some of this same chemical but it is minimal compared to what your stomach produced). Top thing for me was that the complication rate is much less with the sleeve.

    I can't tell you which is right for you. It's a very personal decision but I will say that I don't think you will regret having the sleeve done. I think it is normal to have these emotional ups and downs with the decision making process. You'll figure out what's right for you and you'll do it! Keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete