Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Inhale and .....

SCREAM!!!  There.  I feel slightly better.  Actually, I don't need to scream.  It's been a pretty tough week.  I haven't really been on here lately but tonight I got on and read your blogs and honestly I feel so much better.  Just when it seems that I am questioning if I should have surgery I read some of your posts and then I get recharged about it. 

I spoke to (Kelli) at my surgeon's office today and she is also helping to keep me on track.  I met her via the phone when I first talked about VSG.  We, I, felt like we had known each other for some time.  She is way younger than I am but that is okay.  I am learning a lot from her.  I am so glad she is in my life now.  Anyway, the only things left to do is attend the nutritional class and have my psyche eval.  Of course the chest xray and blood work and that sort of nuisance stuff but for the most part we are looking at surgery, if the particular date I need is available, on November 2.  Wow....missed a breath there. 

I have really been trying to imagine myself 20, 30, 50 and more pounds lighter and I just can't do it.  I hold up a shirt that is in a "normal" size and I just see me.....fat holding up a smaller shirt.  It will come, I know.  A friend of mine sent an email today and it fits me to the T.....I am ALWAYS hotter than heck at work and I carry my own personal fan no matter where I'm stationed.  It isn't hormonal and I just think it's because we are in a locked unit with no windows and the air is just stagnant or something.  Anyway, my face gets beat red and I have sweat running down my face in streams.  I even have a surgical hat that I wear because if my limp, fine balding hair starts looking wet it's all over.  It will look like I just got out of the pool with my clothes on.  Anyway, the email was a Maxine strip I think but it said "When things get hot they expand.  Soooo, I'm not fat, I'm hot".  I love it.  Have a good one all.

No comments:

Post a Comment